Monday, December 8, 2008

Arranged Marriages: Always Destined to Work Out, Never Fail


Q: I've been married for 17 years. It was an arranged marriage, and I was very happy.

The last year I've been observing a change in my husband. He's making every excuse and going to another city. I recently found out that he's seeing his ex-girlfriend. They both are cheating on their spouses.

I've confronted both of them, and she promised that she will not see him again, and I should not tell her husband.

What should I do at this point, leave him?

I have two young kids from him, and our lives will be messed up big time.

He's very smart and plays mind games with me. I'm suffering a big depression right now. My thoughts are very revengeful right now, and I have given him a chance, but I still feel he's deceiving me.
-M

(originally printed in 24 Newspaper)

A: This is something that your parents should have thought about before commanding the lives of their children in order to obtain vast amounts of grain, livestock, and fragrances.

Your husband cheats on you because he never loved you in the first place. He was forced to marry you by his maniacal parents. The foundation of your marriage is no more solid than that of a school kid marriage with a shotgun on the groom's head and a baby in the bride's gut.

This is good arranged marriage training for your two young kids. Look at it that way. They now know what to come to expect when they are forced into a sexless marriage in 5 or 6 years.

Warmest Regards,
-Donny

1 comment:

Diva said...

I think marriage blows...arranged or not....